Lara is experienced in Community Arts Management, Dance and Drama Development, through posts held in Arts Colleges, Community Dance organisations and Borough Councils in the North West of England and Wales.
- Creative Practitioner 2016: Movement and Film – Arts Council of Wales Lead Creative Scools Scheme. Working with ASD and PMLD learners, leading movement one-to-one and group sessions to meet learners communication targets. Filming, editing and producing documentary film for whole school sharing event.
- Cardiff Dance Festival 2015 – artist and audience assistant.
- Earthfall 2013: 3 week apprenticeship (DanceUK bursary). Publishing marketing and social media articles, archiving material for website, budget for forthcoming production and work with Education Officer, to develop the companies three year business plan for it’s outreach work.
- Blue Lagoon Festival 2012: core management team, running a small Festival in Wales, with up to 500 festival goers and a programme of music, theatre, circus, dance events, artist stalls and children’s workshops over three days.
- Earthfall Tour Assistant 2011/12: Dance coach/Rehearsal asistant for the company’s acclaimed ‘At Swim Two Boys’ production on tour.
- 2006: Commissioned and co-managed award winning sculpture commission and community engagement programme through a partnership with British Waterways and Crewe & Nantwich Borough Council:-
- The Nantwich Embankment Improvement Scheme and Sculpture Trail received a Waterways Renaissance Award, from the British Urban Regeneration Association, for best Community project (2006). Artist John Merrill, designed and crafted a life sized horse sculpture from salvaged waterways lock gates, at an open studio in a local Agricultural College. The horse is sited along the Shropshire Canal at Nantwich Basin and forms part of a community sculpture trail.